- Age / Gender:
- 24, Male
- Belfast, United Kingdom
- All Stats >
I'm the artist half of Enkian Games. We're currently working on our first big release, Enki Adventures, keep an eye out for it in my posts to the right.
- Community Stats
Level 19 Game Developer
Ranked as Scout
Contact Info / Websites
Wow, been far too long since my last update. This is a sentence I've been saying too often the past few months, but the main reason is because of work and education commitments. Currently in a full time job and I have assignments to do in my spare time, they're about three weeks a part each time. That being said, my progress hasn't been zero! First things first, the Enki Adventures now has a proper logo!
The logo has went through a few iterations, but they've generally all been work in progresses. This one is now likely to persist until the game comes out with possibly a few minor tweaks for highlighting and colouring.
Anyway, for the bulk of this post I want to properly introduce some of the characters that'll be playable in the game and you can see what sort of item sets and abilities they'll specialise in. Take note, however, that any character can use any weapon that they come across, it's just their starting gear that varies.
Top row: Kon, Junior, Lucia, Tehrok and ?
Bottom row: Moon, Greybane, Orzor, Geonar and ?
- Kon: If you've played my Land of Enki games, you'll recognise him. Although in-story, it's a different universe, I decided to carry him over. He specialises in using swords and bombs.
- Junior: A young Rocklops who despite lacking most of the rocky growthes of his race, wants to prove he's a formiddable warrior. Specialises in using bombs and boomerangs.
- Lucia: A travelling warrior who takes pride in her great combat agility. Specialises in swords and boomerangs.
- Tehrok: Another character you may have seen before in Land of Enki 2, whereas before he was a plant creature, in Enki Adventures he's a living puppet/construct. Specialises in using nature magic.
- Moon: A young girl cursed to have random murderous outbreaks, be careful. Specialises in ice magic.
- Greybane: An centuries warrior who's cursed to reincarnate with every death and that time has driven mad. Specialises in swords and gore magic.
- Orzor: Once a regular Enkian, Orzor got himself cursed to look like a chicken. To this day, he's unhappy about it. Specialises in bombs and fire magic.
- Geonar: A wizard in training who seeks to learn more about the five schools of magic. Specialises in nature, fire and ice magic.
As for the two secret characters? I may reveal one as we get further along the development cycle, but one will stay hidden until the game gets released.
To round off this post, I'd like to share a few screenshots from the current build of the game. The procedural generation has come a long way and these are some of the results of how far exactly it's came.
These images all come from the same overworld map, but to mix it up I wandered to three of the four current biomes to get some tileset variety. You can also see Peachy the Peachbug following Kon. This is part of the pet systems that 'll go into a bit more in the future, but Nick has done an excellent job with implementing all of this so far. Go follow him if you haven't already.
I'd also recommend following the Enkian Games Twitter for most of the important updates and more regular posting of screenshots. I know this was a big read so if you've stuck through to the end, thank you! Let me know your thoughts and questions in the comments.
P.S. - Yes, I'm still working on Ender Story: Chapter 2 for those who keep asking me, haha. It's not dead!
Recent Game Medals
Total Medals Earned: 399 (From 36 different games.)